Who Are We?
ECRA was born of the urgent need in the industry for a regulating body that would serve to separate member credit repair companies from the scammers and fly-by-night businesses who masquerade as professionals.
Faced with the increasing distrust by which the credit repair profession is regarded by members of the general public due to the actions of a few, the ECRA is determined to provide its members educational training so they can discharge their duties in the best interests of the public. ECRA also aims to establish guidelines to protect consumers in need of credit repair so they can gain the best possible services from genuine credit repair professionals.
* To be a self regulating body that establishes guidelines for the proper conduct of credit repair companies and professionals
* To educate credit repair professionals, an aim we wish to accomplish through the availability of resources, educational programs and training materials that will help members to further expand and better their services
* To raise ethical standards within the credit repair profession, an aim we wish to accomplish by establishing a stipulated Code of Professional Ethics to which all members are strictly required to adhere.
* To protect consumers by alerting them to the malpractices of rogue credit repair companies
* To safeguard the interests of consumers by constantly educating them on their rights
* To ensure that consumers have access to the most reputable and trustworthy credit repair companies
* To serve as a channel between reputable credit repair companies and consumers in need of such services, but who are wary due to the reputation of the industry